Synchronized classes have no public members

flamencofantasy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 13 20:33:35 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 19:05:31 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 18:28:23 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
>> Guys, sorry to break into your wishful thinking, but
>>
>>    synchronized(mutex) {}
>>
>> already works as you want it to since as long as I can think.
>> Yes, it takes a parameter, yes it calls lock/unlock on the
>> mutex. :)
>
> Yes, and I am saying that it doesn't justify presence of
> `synchronized` keyword in the language at all, being historical
> legacy misfeature.

+1

Please remove synchronized all together. It's an abomination
which should have never been in D in the first place.
It encourages sloppiness and lobotomizes programmers!
The greatest good you can do to all the D code out there that
makes use of synchronized is to kill synchronized.
Then they'll have to think and hopefully learn how to properly
synchronize sections of code instead of locking everything
everywhere all the time.