The new core.sys.windows

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 00:32:01 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 06:23:41 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Vladimir, what benefits its give?

Ideally, druntime is supposed to have C bindings for all of the
system libraries for each of the platforms that we support. What
it has for the POSIX systems is pretty good, but the bindings for
Windows have been seriously lacking. This is supposed to fix
that. That way, when you need to use system calls, you don't need
to figure out where you can find bindings for them or have to do
them yourself. That will continue to be the case for 3rd party C
libraries, but for the system stuff, we want their bindings in
druntime.

- Jonathan M Davis