[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 02:09:20 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 08:11:20 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 06:36:32 UTC, logicchains wrote:
>> Even if it's not entirely logical, all these unfinished
>> aspects can add up to produce a less positive aesthetic
>> impression of the language compared to a language that comes
>> across as more polished.
>
> If go is finished, why there's activity in its repository?

I agree with logicchains. The impression people have is exactly
this. Go = neat and tidy, D = mess. This has nothing to do with
whether Go is actually finished and tidy or not. Go also appeals
to people, because it is highly prescriptive and leaves no room
for doubt "You do it like this, because we think it's the best
way to do it! Full stop." Weird, but this appeals to people.