Synchronized classes have no public members

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 23:26:31 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-15 16:28, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> That may be worrisome. Any information on how many are using DWT, and
> how badly it would break if we pulled the change?
>
> If we assess there's too much breakage, we can define a DIP and make the
> check opt-in via a flag -dipNN.

I would like to add that the impact of a possible breakage depends on
what the alternative is. If a function in Phobos or druntime is provided
with the same functionality, then the breakage have less of an impact.

If D supported trailing delegate syntax (hint, hint) then it would be
possible to have a library implementation with the exact same syntax.
Although I guess there would be a conflict with the keyword during the
deprecation phase.

--
/Jacob Carlborg