[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 16 03:25:06 PDT 2015

On Friday, 16 October 2015 at 08:29:18 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 09:09:22 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> I agree with logicchains. The impression people have is
>> exactly this. Go = neat and tidy, D = mess.
>
> Do people have the same impression from generic code in Go?

It doesn't matter. It _feels_ neat, tidy and finished. We're not
talking about engineering, we're talking about subjective human
impressions.

Apart from that, I think the fact that D is still not fit for
mobile platforms is a huge drawback. Loads of people want apps,
loads of people have some sort of smart phone, tablet or
whatever. Sometimes I think that we're getting sucked in by the
quick sand of language specs, pointers, GC etc. while important
issues like targeting mobile platforms are second class citizens.
Nim for example targeted mobile platforms right from the start.
So did Go. I cannot recommend D wholeheartedly unless it also
works on ARM at the click of a button. Please correct me if I'm
wrong here, but mobile is not yet 100%.