Example code on D homepage does not run successfully

NX via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 17 10:02:05 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 17 October 2015 at 12:57:25 UTC, Ralph Tandetzky
wrote:
> If I understand this cryptic error message correctly, the
> problem is missing or inadequate input. There is no floating
> point number to be parsed and hence the string "" is parsed
> unsuccessfully which leads to an exception producing this
> horrible error message. I would suggest to fix the program
> quickly, maybe by using a string that is not given at runtime
> through stdin, but as a fixed string like "Pi is approximately
> 3.14159265."

It's not because input is empty, but rather that across-web
compiling is highly broken and problematic. There is an "Input"
button bottom of the code area which shows what input will be
given to stdin, which is actually not empty (it's written: "2.4
plus 2.4 equals 5 for sufficiently large values of 2.")

Maybe one day someone will take care of improving the
infrastructure...