[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 17 21:27:18 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 18 October 2015 at 04:13:56 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited about this as anyone, but at
> the same time I don't want people mocking us for claiming
> support when what we have is a proof-of-concept provided by a
> third-party fork.

To elaborate on this a bit... the information on the downloads
page was written only two months ago, with the collaboration of
both GDC and LDC maintainers:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1067

Now, unless mobile support has matured significantly in the past
two months, the point here is that the maintainers themselves
have not pointed out that they were ready to advertise mobile
support for their compilers on dlang.org. I don't think we should
change this without their consent, at least. As I understand,
development for mobile support is still occurring in a fork, and
this might result users pestering the maintainers regarding code
that isn't even in the repository they are maintaining.