Mobile support

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 17 23:45:24 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 18 October 2015 at 04:55:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I made available a test runner for druntime/phobos as an
> Android apk months ago and never got any feedback:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/erqxbcfyyxzviftmhyzp@forum.dlang.org

Posts buried deep in old threads are not very visible. I would
suggest creating a new thread in the announce group (titled e.g.
"D for Android alpha - testers needed").

> Anyway, we can hash this out on the PR.  Mobile builds will be
> explicitly labeled alpha and feedback directed at me (we'll
> have to ask Dan if he wants to take part), not the official
> maintainers.

If I may suggest, I would recommend creating a wiki page first.
Currently even http://wiki.dlang.org/Compilers says absolutely
nothing about LDC for Android, so it's not surprising that your
project is not discoverable. The page should make it clear that
this is presently a fork of the official LDC project, and contain
all the instructions on getting something to work. I'll be happy
to add a link to it from dlang.org once it's up.