Will code for master title

ParticlePeter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 19 12:20:14 PDT 2015

Hello Community,

I am a master student of Computational Visualistics / Computer
Science shortly before starting my master thesis. This means I
could (and also would love to) spend about five month exclusively
working on and writing about a D project.
Unfortunately no professor at my university (OvGU in Magdeburg,
Germany) can be found who is aware of dlang and would agree to
supervise such a project.

This led to an interesting idea:
According to the European Credit Transfers System (ECTS) I have
earned 270 CPs (30 per semester) as requirement for the master
thesis, which is worth 30 additional CPs. Also according to ECTS
it should be possible to transfer this amount of CPs to another
University (with a ten semester bachelor and master system) and
write the master thesis independently from the university where
those credits were earned.

Last ingredient I would need for such a plan is an academic
primary adviser.

My personal interest is the combination of cs and art, in
particular I would like to write about and create a creative
coding library similar to the auroragraphics announcement,
processing, cinder or openFrameworks. I feel that D with its easy
to read syntax and expressiveness is predestined to produce
creative art and that dlang should have a modern, efficient and
user-friendly art framework.

If supervising such a thesis is an interesting, feasible and
legal (university vise) option, please step up.

Some more words in general. I don't know how many of you are in
the lucky position to code on interesting D projects for a living
but I guess that most contribute as hobbyists in their spare
time. I also imagine that there are several students, like me,
interested in contributing full-time (for a certain period) to
the D ecosystem. If there are Academics interested in supervising
such projects it might be worth to put up suggestions and request
in the wiki similar to the new job openings.

Cheers, ParticlePeter