OT: Morfa - an interesting (toy?) language that claims to be inspired/based on D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 20 03:22:53 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 10:04:40 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> Not based on D much. Declarations from Rust; if-else ternary
> operator from somewhere; import, static if, assert and traits
> look like from D; var from C#; templates from C++.

They have "static if" though:

https://github.com/imapp-pl/morfa-examples

But D is also rather close to other languages, so... I guess we
just have to believe them when they state that they felt inspired
by D.

What is interesting about Morfa is that they have a jitted REPL.
That's a significant advantage worth pursuing.