Natural language parsing (NLP) with D

Eliatto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 20 05:01:42 PDT 2015

Hello! I am rather new to D ecosystem (I am a C++ developer). I
know that there are code-dlang and awesome-D collections of
libraries. But I have not found any NLP libraries in D
(https://github.com/jogojapan/drulex is not worth mentioning),
though there are Go and Rust NLP libraries on github (they are
new languages too). Why is this field unpopular among
(D)evelopers?
What can be used for base POS tagging and NP chunking of English
texts instead? I mean wrapping some C/C++ library without
porting. Which one will cause minimal headache during glueing
with D?
P.S. I suppose that it will be nice to see the histogram of libs
using "awesome-D" list. For example, one rectangle shows 3D
engine percentage(libs number divided by total awesome-D libs
count and multiplied by 100), another shows logger libs
percentage...