Natural language parsing (NLP) with D

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 20 07:51:58 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 12:01:44 UTC, Eliatto wrote:
> Why is this field unpopular among (D)evelopers?

I work with NLP almost all the time and D is very well suited for
it. It's mainly text-to-speech stuff, but I have a tiny POS
tagger (or rather POS identifier) as well.

D would be well suited for creating higher, simpler rule
languages that linguists who have no clue about programming could
easily use. I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I
wish I had the time to come up with something and implement it.
I'm thinking of a suite that would cater for the various aspects
of NLP, e.g. phonemic transcriptions, POS tagging, morphological
and grammatical analysis, collocation etc. A one stop shop for
linguists. But, alas, time is scarce.

If you have any ideas, please share.