s/TypeTuple/AliasSeq/g?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 21 07:11:18 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 13:53:48 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 04:49:14 UTC, Shriramana
> Sharma wrote:
>> When renaming `isExpressionsTuple`, I would think it more
>> appropriate to have "isExpressionSeq" since it's an `AliasSeq`
>> containing only expressions and no types.
>
> This should not be renamed, because an AliasSeq that consists
> only of expressions _is_ a tuple.

Except that it still isn't a tuple even if it only contains
expressions.

> We aren't. The only reason we use "AliasSeq" at all instead of
> "AliasTuple" was that some people insisted they were not
> tuples. This does however not apply to all the other things
> that _are_ tuples. Renaming those would only make matters worse.

_Nothing_ which is an AliasSeq is a tuple. What it contains is
irrelevant. The simple fact is that they auto-flatten and are not
composable like tuples are. Calling them tuples has consistently
created confusion.

- Jonathan M Davis