Vision

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 21 14:49:32 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 20:50:29 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Better late than later.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2015H2_(draft)
>
> Destroy. After we make this good I'll rename it and make it
> official.
>

> Andrei

Smartphones+portable devices - since the set of people reading
this will exceed those that use D everyday, maybe this is also a
chance to say what can be done.  (Half the D people didn't even
know - we hide our light under a bushel too much).I don't know
the exact details but something like:

GDC and LDC are available as beta versions for use on ARM Linux
and are distributed with some Linux distributions such as Arch.
Some users report success compiling and running projects of
reasonable size on these platforms.

Work on iOS and Android ARM continues.  Phobos unittests mostly
compile (the failures are of minor significance) and small
applications have been successfully written and run on these
platforms.  As the porting effort reaches completion, the next
stage will be library support for the platform.

Objective C??

Hasn't there been more progress on embedded than you report?  Ie
people have actually been able to run hello world on various
variants (which maybe should be named), and it looked
superficially like one would be able to use D to get real work
done (although I am not sure about it) if one could do without
Phobos.