Vision

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 02:15:03 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 20:50:29 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Better late than later.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2015H2_(draft)
>
> Destroy. After we make this good I'll rename it and make it
> official.
>

> Andrei

"DConf 2016 in Berlin is slated to be a larger event than before."

I think so too, because users based in Europe can attend it too
now. Not everybody in Europe is able or willing to fly to the USA
for the conference. I think there are loads of D users in Europe,
I know there are in Germany, Italy and the UK.

"Smartphones (iPhone/Android)

Alternative compilers already have some level of support for
smartphones. That should continue in stride and be accompanied by
the appropriate air support from the leadership and community."

Yes, please! People keep asking "Will your software be available
on the iPhone/Android?", and programmers ask, if they can develop
for the iPhone/Android with D. Schools use tablets and iPads for
teaching.

Are improvements to the GC on the list too, or are yous happy
with it for the time being?