Vision

Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 07:53:00 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 14:07:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 13:26:37 UTC, Szymon Gatner
> wrote:
>> At the moment, simplest integration presented in Adam Ruppe's
>> book does not work on Windows (x64 or x86).
>
> Have you tried a C++ class without a virtual destructor too?
> That's the trickiest part in the first part of the book and
> maybe that is what broke recently. I haven't tried any of this
> for like a year now.
>
> The other part about mimicing with structs is a fragile thing
> anyway, I presented it because you can make it work, you're
> just on your own.

No, I just tried your code verbatim (as I do with every new D
release). Problem now is casting Animal down to Cat (in
freeCat()) on the D side, casting results in null after pointer
was passed to C++.

I have no idea what is suppose to work in D/C++ interop as there
is very little (or outdated) information on the subject.