Vision

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 09:42:41 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 15:11:35 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> looses faith that the project makes sense in the first place

And that's the main point right there: does an image and/or
windowing library written in D make any sense?

In a world where the C++ interlope wasn't going anywhere, I would
say maybe, but that's not the case. With ddmd the C++ interlope
has improved a great deal (so I'm told), and this document lays
out that it should improve even farther. So, why not have the
push to have a working Qt binding by the middle of next year
rather than redo all of the work that that team has done in D?