dmd.conf no longer working?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 22 12:50:33 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-22 19:43, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm having trouble setting up dmd on a fresh system. The short
> of it is nothing in dmd.conf seems to be taken into account.
> Furthermore, sections such as [Environment] are rejected with the error
> message:
>
> Error: Use 'NAME=value' syntax, not '[ENVIRONMENT]'
>
> What happened?

A couple of things:

* I recommend compiling with -v, it will output the path to dmd.conf

* It should be Environment32 and/or Environment64 for Linux. For OS X
it's Environment. It should _not_ be ENVIRONMENT

* You might want to tell us on which platform and how you installed the
compiler

--
/Jacob Carlborg