Is dlangui dead?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 23 03:09:35 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 22 October 2015 at 20:14:06 UTC, karabuta wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 17:58:07 UTC, tcak wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 17:01:19 UTC, karabuta wrote:
>>> I hope I am wrong, but dlangui seems to be abandoned for some
>>> time after all the hard work that went into it. I really like
>>> it since it was easy to setup and get things working.
>>>

>>> In fact, I consider it the best option.
>>
>> So, are you planning to fork it, and continue its development
>> as it was being developed by other developers?
>
> If only I knew how. Even then, I would not fork it but rather
> help out. Since making bindings to qt is a lot of work and
> unlikely to happen any time soon, I planned to go with dlangui.

Have a look at:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Libraries_and_Frameworks#GUI_Libraries

GtkD is pretty stable I think. wxD should also be ok, though I
haven't tried it yet. Have a look at iup. The original is
supposed to be rock solid. Or try any other of the wrappers
listed there.

At this stage, I'd recommend you to go with a wrapper. Native D
GUIs come and go and you might get stuck. With wrappers you know
what you get and if there's anything missing, you can interface
to the original framework yourself.

GtkD has loads of the nice features that Gtk has, e.g. a source
code editor (with line numbers and syntax highlighting). You can
use Glade to build the interface (drag and drop):
https://glade.gnome.org/