Vision

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 23 05:44:06 PDT 2015

On 10/23/15 7:06 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-10-22 21:47, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>
>> Should this not be mentioned in the document ?  If so, care to draft a
>> sentence for it.  Cos readership of this kind of thing exceeds people
>> that use D already.
>
> It's available in the changelog [1] which links to the full
> documentation [2]. I'm not sure what document you're referring to.
>
> [1] http://dlang.org/changelog/2.069.0.html#objective-c-support
> [2] http://dlang.org/objc_interface.html

As an objective C developer on iOS, I am curious if you have done any
true development using this?

The example looks terrible -- objc_lookUpClass which only gets a class
that can alloc an NSString? Can this be done better? An objective-c
developer that is not too familiar with D would be very disappointed in
this binding.

Also, what type does 'id' map to?

-Steve