DMD is slow for matrix maths?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 26 06:44:37 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:37:16AM +0000, Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 26 October 2015 at 04:48:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 02:37:16AM +0000, Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d
> >wrote:
> >
> >If you must use DMD, I recommend filing an enhancement request and
> >bothering Walter about it.

> I'd really like the performance benefits to be available to DMD users
> as well. I think I'll have to write it all with inline assembler just
> to be sure...

Sure, but filing a bug with DMD and prodding Walter to do something
about it will only benefit everybody in the end, and not just for your
current project. DMD could use some major improvements in its optimizer.

Answer: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion. / Question: Why is top posting bad?