Lifetime study group

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 26 20:12:23 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 27 October 2015 at 02:45:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> So by this I'm asking folks' participation to a study group on
> object lifetime. Walter and I believe we must make reference
> counting for classes work, and that Rust-style schemes are too
> complex for their own good. But we're very willing to be
> convinced otherwise.

+1, but don't forget about structs.
With inc/dec elision, most of the overhead of RC is avoided
anyways - I'll see if I can find the paper where someone did it
for a common lisp implementation and it reduced inc/dec counts by
90% or some-such.