Safe reference counting cannot be implemented as a library

PuglyWUgly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 27 15:30:07 PDT 2015

> You can safely ignore the C++ part, the views are unsafe. I'd
> appreciate if you backed up your claim on Rust. -- Andrei

  I did a rough check of the Rust compiler source(from a copy I
downloaded a couple months ago).

I think the compiler is supposedly filled with old code, not sure
if it is the best example of Rust.

  I filtered out the rc/arc.rs files, and doc/test folders

  Some of these hits were comments/commented out, but I'm too lazy
to bother removing them

Anyway:

Searching 7524 files for "Rc::new(" (case sensitive)

122 matches across 49 files

Searching 7524 files for "Arc::new(" (case sensitive)

60 matches across 28 files