Make all new symbols go through std.experimental?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 27 17:28:51 PDT 2015

I was looking at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3765 and whilst
it's a sensible addition, I'm thinking we'd want to pass it and all
other library additions through std.experimental first. So we'd have a
std.experimental.range package that would be a purgatory for things to
be added to std.range, and so on.

We have examples from the past when additions that seemed obvious and
sensible needed a few tweaks before stabilization. Going through
std.experimental seems like a good approach to do such.

What say you?

Andrei