[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Jakob Bornecrantz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 28 02:12:53 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 08:36:07 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 10/13/2015 12:13 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 10/13/2015 6:36 AM, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>>> lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2015-October/091218.html
>>>
>>> Maybe we could have something similar in D community
>>
>> No. People who need to be told what decent behavior is won't
>> pay attention to such a document.
>
> Apparently I'm in good company:
>
> "trying to come up with some ‘code of conduct’ that says that
> people should be ‘respectful’ and ‘polite’ is just so much crap
> and bullshit”
>
>    -- Linus Torvalds, https://gumroad.com/l/prQdM#

You are not in good company tho. Even the page you link to says
nobody else could or should say stuff like that.

And attitudes like that will only disurage people from trying to
improve this community.

http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/
https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/38136.html

These are different times.