[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 29 00:55:04 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 17:36:03 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> I did not mean that absence of a Code of Conduct is license to
> abuse others. Just that a CoC is itself insulting,
> paternalistic, and not a solution.

I believe it can be understood, because asocial people are left
to deal with social problems alone, they naturally learn to deal
with it on their own, hence they see law as paternalistic, but
this doesn't apply to social people, who already have law as an
obvious solution to abuse. Lattner words it well in his message:
CoC is not written for the community, it's written for the
oppressive committee to enforce.