[OT] LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 29 18:08:21 PDT 2015

On 10/29/15 7:49 PM, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at 17:36:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 10/28/2015 2:12 AM, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
>>> You are not in good company tho. Even the page you link to says
>>> nobody else could or should say stuff like that.
>>>
>>> And attitudes like that will only disurage people from trying to
>>> improve this community.
>>>
>>> http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/
>>> https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/38136.html
>>>
>>> These are different times.
>>
>> I did not mean that absence of a Code of Conduct is license to abuse
>> others. Just that a CoC is itself insulting, paternalistic, and not a
>> solution.
>
> Fair enough. Its a shame you see it as insulting.
>
> I pose you this question: if I as a new person coming to this
> community and felt that I was being treated unfairly, badly or
> any other form where should I turn to? Is this documented somewhere?

I'd say it's safe to just let this go. If you're treated unkindly by
your neighbors or any community you're interacting with, there's no
authority to go to as long as they don't break the law. Herein, the
leader of this community has a strong opinion that this community
shouldn't be policed, which makes things as cut and dried as it gets. No
reply needed. Thanks. -- Andrei