#ifdef hell

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 29 19:01:33 PDT 2015

On 10/29/2015 4:14 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> In fact, you are currently arguing for people to write *more* version statements
> over at the https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5231

I presented several ways to avoid using complex version statements.

I might add that over time, I'd been removing #if's and #ifdef's from the dmd
front end source code. The results were very satisfactory - the code was easier
to read, understand and maintain. It also made running magicport on the code
practical.

I've been slowly doing the same to the back end.