Automatic method overriding in sub-classes

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 30 14:38:39 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 01:14:35 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 October 2015 at 00:11:06 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Actually never mind, what I just said was basically auto
> override for this() so its not really any different. And it is
> kinda limited with some problems.

Sorry, I'm still not clear on whether or not template static this
would work for you.

Personally, I don't need dynamic dispatch or per-instance access.
For me, as long as class info is generated per class and stored
statically, that would suffice. I could always have a base method
look up what it needs at runtime by type name or something.

An example would be generating a serializer for a class in
template static this to be used at runtime.

    Bit