I have this game engine...

Nerve via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 19:10:57 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 01:33:29 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I have this game engine (https://github.com/TurkeyMan/fuji),
> it's
> lived for about 12 years now (first commit in 2004, and it
> existed
> prior before source control). I called it 'Fuji' (a modest, yet
> pleasing and attractive mountain). It supports (or has
> supported)
> shit-loads of platforms; I'm a game-engine dev for life, and I
> have a
> fetish for portability, and niche platform support.
> Needless to say, it has had a LOT of time and energy put into
> it, and
> I would say it's infrastructurally better than most proprietary
> commercial game-engines I've worked with (although there are
> some
> missing features, I just implement what I need), mainly in that
> I have
> the luxury to aggressively refactor when design decisions
> turned out
> to be mistakes, and no deadlines to meet.
> It is a very good example of what we use in real-world AAA
> gamedev.

I would be very, very interested in this. I've been yearning for
something in D that supports some lighter 3D with texturing,
animated sprites, and lighting on both. Something flexible and
light that can also have modules pulled independently for drawing
and sound if possible. Unfortunately, DGame really only supports
2D, and Dash has all its weight behind being a full-featured 3D
engine a la Unity/Unreal.

Would Fuji fit the bill?