I have this game engine...

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 31 19:17:16 PDT 2015

On 01/11/15 2:56 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> O_o .. what's your agenda?

My agenda is simple. To make D have the best usability/libraries when it
comes to GUI/game development.

> I think what I'm talking about here is something slightly different.
> Also I think the goals of my engine are fairly specific too; run fast,
> on anything (ie, heavily resource limited hardware), no
> non-operating-system dependencies, small code. I think this is a
> different angle than most modern games type projects. Obviously, the
> point however is to make over a decade of development available for
> people to use. There's a lot in there.

Of course. What I'm thinking is port + refactor + make more
complete/generic.

There is no reason it can't be fast and usable on limited hardware.
Your desire is to port it as is. Mine would be to port some in context
of a greater library, refactor and make it more complete. Then repeat
until complete.
When a new platform is ready, add the platformy specific aspects to
existing parts.

It's a much slower process. But it will create a much more idiomatic D
environment to work with.