Front page code samples

cym13 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 1 13:49:58 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 20:43:44 UTC, wobbles wrote:
> When trying to run the front page code samples, it regularly
> bugs out.
> This is the first time I've tried in ages, but of the first 4
> samples I tried, none worked.
>
> The example with:
>    // D is like...
> crashes with:
>    unable to fork: Cannot allocate memory
>

> The example with:
>    // RPN calculator
> simply outputs:
>     -- No output --
>
> The example with:
>    // Get your local weather report
> crashes with:
>    Compilation output (9: Killed)
>
> The example with:
>    // Computes average line length for standard input.
> wait, it works?! Output:
>    Average line length: 82
> Yay, success!
>
> Anyway, I said I'd put this here in case this isn't a known
> issue.
>
> Personally I'd rather no ability to run code live than the
> current situation, it just looks quite bad - especially now as
> theres quite a bit of interest in D being generated around.

Thanks for reporting it. It is a known issue that has to do with
the version of D used with the plugin that displays the code.

If you want to report other issues consider searching the forum
to check that it hasn't already been addressed and (even better)
use the bug tracker at http://issues.dlang.org/ . This way
problems have more chances of getting fixed.