dmd codegen improvements

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 2 21:09:43 PDT 2015

On 9/2/2015 7:08 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> And that's why it really doesn't
> matter what the naysayers believe - the ones you want to focus on pleasing are
> those who are favourably disposed towards D anyway and just need to understand
> the case for it better, or have one or two missing things completed.

That's right.

I've heard "I'd use your product if only you added Feature X" for 35 years.
Every time I come back with "Here's X, now you can use it!" they just come back
with "That's great, but I actually need Feature Y".

The truth is, those people will never use it. They just come up with endless
reasonable sounding excuses. They'll wear you out chasing rainbows.

Those kinds of feature requests should be responded to politely, but with a
healthy amount of skepticism.

Of much more realistic interest are those who are already heavily using the
product, but are blocked by this or that.