dmd codegen improvements

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 2 23:45:49 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-03 05:57, Walter Bright wrote:

> I don't see a whole lot of point to generating JS from another language.
> You can't do anything more than JS can do, and you're likely to be doing
> less.

There's a lot of stuff other languages can do that JS can't. For
example, classes, which a lot of developers prefer to use in favor of
the weird object system in JS.

Although now with ECMAScript 6 classes are supported. But it will still
be a long time before enough web browsers support E6. Therefore it can
be useful to have an E6 compiler that translates to E5 or E3 compatible JS.

--
/Jacob Carlborg