Review needed for the EnumSet template

BBasile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 3 09:08:13 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 05:39:03 UTC, Enamex wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 00:12:06 UTC, BBasile wrote:
>> Memebers should be notified.
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3623
>>
>> It's not a big stuff but it's neither a small addition.
>> The thing is there.
>
> Slightly tangential question: in your "superset" enumset
> package, what's the use of 'static' annotation on a free
> function (was the first function I saw in the file, I believe)?

Nothing, gotta remove them. This is an artifact from the time i
began to learn D:  I thought that to make a function available at
CT 'static' was required, which is obviously wrong...The fact is
that 'static' is here a no-op (e.g its does nothing on the
signature), just like when someone declares a static global
something.