Current state of GUI's

motaito via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 3 10:51:59 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 16:40:56 UTC, Jim Hewes wrote:
> I'm in a similar place as you are. While D is better than C++,
> right now C++ plus JUCE is better for me overall than D plus
> <whatever GUI lib>. C# plus WPF seems attractive too except
> that WPF isn't cross platform. Anyway, I still always keep an
> eye on D.

Yeah, it's a shame that the mono framework does not support WPF.
I think WPF and MEF are the two most powerful features from .NET
(for me anyway, that may be subjective). And working in visual
studio is really nice too. I wish there was a cross platform IDE
like that. I don't quite like the text editor from eclipse, but I
haven't used it in a while. Maybe I need to give it another try.