A better way of managing backwards compatibility?

Prudence via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 3 16:12:04 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 21:03:05 UTC, qznc wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 17:48:23 UTC, Prudence wrote:
>> 2. Write a translation process that essentially "updates" the
>> source code to work.
>
> Lucky you: https://github.com/Hackerpilot/dfix

There you go!! It seems someone just as intelligent as me
realizes the power of such a thing!!

The only real problem is integrating it with the compiler to make
it seamless. I know there are detractors who think it is too much
work, but these people like to waste time, They think they have
it to waste!

But even spending 1 hr on trying to compile source code with
versioning issues is a terrible of time that could be better used
on more productive things. DFix is obviously a step in the right
direction... but a few more steps are required to save the many
thousands of man hours that are wasted on versioning control.