Current state of GUI's

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 3 18:45:18 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 14:13:26 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:

> Short answer:
>
> Don't expect anything in Phobos short term.
> In the mean time you'll probably want a c/c++ library such as
> QT.

I really don't know much about GUI programming. I was looking at
some basic info about GTK+, which led me to GObject, which led me
to the Vala language. My understanding is that Vala is basically
an OO version of C (i.e. it works well with GObject without a lot
of the complexity of writing GObject code). People seem to be
using it with GNOME. Maybe to your point about not having a pure
D solution, it might be useful to investigate this as well.