dmd codegen improvements

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 4 07:52:56 PDT 2015

On 5 Sep 2015 12:32 am, "rsw0x via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 22:53:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

Performance is a different issue since it does not provide SIMD yet.

>>> What browser? Only FF supports it. Chrome just JIT it IIRC.
>>

>> asm.js typically runs half the speed of natively compiled code. pNaCl
run about 20% slower typically.

>> The gap is way to big for vectorization to be a reasonable explanation.
In fact a large body of code just do not vectorize at all.

>> You seems to be fixated on that vectorization thing, when it is not even
remotely close to the problem at hand.

> All of this could have been avoided by all browser vendors agreeing to
implement pNaCl.
> Maybe we'll be lucky and Firefox will fade into obscurity with the way
they've been handling things lately.

What I don't get is, Firefox and ie support plugins... Why isn't there a
pnacl plugin for other browsers? Surely it could be added with the existing
plugin interfaces?