Containers

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 4 19:36:58 PDT 2015

On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 23:15:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> [...]
> My thinking is that significant work in this(this) is poor D
> style. Eager copying for containers doesn't seem like the best
> way to go. -- Andrei

I feel should add that I still very much favor simple value type
containers.

C++ does just fine with value-type containers. I know "D isn't
C++" but if it works, it works. I think the D community often
tries way too hard to be innovative, and in many cases, less is
more. WYSIWYG is a much more important principal to me than
whatever resulted in a RefCounted(T) that likes to dress up like
a value type. Structs doing heavy work in this(this) may be bad D
style, but structs that don't act like structs is worse.