Current state of GUI's

motaito via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 5 16:43:58 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 5 September 2015 at 19:13:12 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> It links now when I manged to install all the dependencies, but
> it doesn't run :(. Segfaults for some reason, I haven't looked
> in to it.

Bummer... However, I appreciate that you are giving it a shot!

But you see my point. An out of the box solution like QT would be
worth gold. That's the one thing Microsoft got right. They have
awesome developer tools. Or in the words of Steve Ballmer:
"Developers! Developers! Developers!" :)

Instead of loosing time you could just focus on building some
software. Imagine D would have a kick ass IDE like visual studio
but cross platform like QT. Productivity, efficiency and
performance in one. Too bad D doesn't have the option for paid
developers to create something like this. It's just too much work
for your spare time. So, it's unlikely to happen any time soon :(

Still, I very much appreciate people like Rikki Cattermole who
builds a base to work of for others. The problem is for a few
individuals that just takes a long time to complete.