AST like coding syntax. Easy upgrade!

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 6 19:50:05 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 23:33:17 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'd always thought Javascript was an ideal extension language
> for a text editor.

Well, I don't think *ideal*, but indeed, it wouldn't be bad. And
my little thing isn't quite JS, I borrow some ideas from D too.
So it has string slicing for example, and the ~= operator instead
of += for concatenation.

I think it'd be ok for a text editor. And heck, I might be
writing one kinda soonish (I'm kinda reminded of the scene from
Star Wars where Luke builds his own lightsaber, a rite of passage
for a Jedi... every master programmer writes her or his own text
editor at some point too...)

I'm in no rush though, with all the other stuff going on,
"soonish" probably means "in the next three years".