dmd codegen improvements

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 7 07:25:28 PDT 2015

On Monday, 7 September 2015 at 13:41:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-09-06 15:24, Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh, actually it appears to run on both OS-X and Linux. I
>> didn't know
>> that. Looks very promising, thanks!
>
> Yeah, it's built on the same framework as Atom. Or were you
> hoping for Visual Studio, sans Code, on OS X and Linux?

I knew there was an Atom based type script editor (or several?),
but didn't know that Microsoft was behind it and that "VS Code"
was different from "VS"/"VS Express" ;).

Typescript seems to have a lot of momentum. I'm thinking about
the possibility of a transpiler TypeScript->D (and other
languages).