A collection of DIPs

Shammah Chancellor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 7 10:27:07 PDT 2015

On Monday, 7 September 2015 at 14:44:05 UTC, nx wrote:
> https://github.com/NightmareX1337/DX
>
> Don't kill me, I'm just trying to help...
>
> You can report issues and create pull requests :)
>
>> Destroy!

Hi NX,

Thanks for the document.  A lot of what you say about UDA and
compile time reflection is absolutely true.  We should fix it so
it isn't so darn convoluted.

w/ regards to __traits() those are call outs to the compiler and
generally should not be used directly.  Thus std.traits, and why
they're prefixed with __.  Unfortunately, the current state of
compile time reflection requires that you must use __traits
directly (at least, I've had to)

However, I can't agree with you about alias this, UFCS, or global
functions in phobos.  The "idiomatic" way to code in D is use
local named imports.  e.g.:

void main() {
    import std.stdio : writeln;
    writeln("Hello world!");