Parameterized unittests and benchmarks (aka quickfix + benchmark) PR 2995

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 8 01:42:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 08:30:40 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> Everybody is talking about benchmarks and making code faster,
> yet phobos is still lacking any long term benchmark gathering
> and monitoring solution.
>
> PR https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2995
> provides all that, and is done some time now. It will give us
> pretty pictures we can put on the webpage.
> These will show how awesome phobos already is, and how much we
> improve performance wise with time progressing.

This does sound like a really good idea. Is the plan to turn
every unittest block into a benchmark (automatically), or did you
add specific benchmarks blocks?

Might be nice to have a mock up of the webpage with all the
results/benchmarks.