Compile all-of-dub?

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 9 01:26:57 PDT 2015

The Rust people have this Crater [0,1] tool, which essentially
builds all Rust libraries with two compiler versions and compares
for regressions.

Since D has a central library repository as well, it would make
sense to do this broad testing as well. We don't have nightly
builds (or do we?), but release candidates. Is something like
this already done?

For example, dfmt broke between 2.068 and 2.068.1 [2]. It is
easily possible to detect regressions like this automatically.
The biggest problem is probably that someone has to provide
servers or pay for AWS instances.

[0] https://internals.rust-lang.org/t/crater-plans/2206
[1] https://github.com/brson/taskcluster-crater
[2]