D could catch this wave: web assembly

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 9 09:21:06 PDT 2015

Am Sat, 20 Jun 2015 15:15:47 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb ketmar <ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org>:

> On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 14:06:50 +0200, Marco Leise wrote:
>
> > If you have a perfectly working old notebook with Windows XP on it, I
> > can recommend QtWeb for its low resource usage and modern-ish feature
> > set. It is a little unstable and rough around the edges though:
> > http://www.qtweb.net/
>
> Qt+WebKit. low resource usage. you must be joking.

No I was serious. I compared it to pretty much every other
complete graphical web browser on XP and it "won" by a big
margin. (I opened 5 different web sites in each browser and
compared their memory use in the task manager).
Remember when tabbed browsing was no option on old notebooks?
Now it is and my preference in terms of closing old tabs is
doing it like a mark and sweep garbage collector - every once
in a while.

--
Marco