C# Proposal for Nullability Checking

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 10 13:04:08 PDT 2015

https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/5032

There've always been rumblings here about removing nullable
references from D, but that's a large break in backwards
compatibility that we can't really afford at this point (outside
some magic compiler switch). This C# proposal has some
interesting ideas on how assisting the programmer in avoiding
null pointer dereferencing can be balanced with
backwards-compatibility concerns. I think there's some valuable
stuff in here that could potentially be applied in D as well.