A collection of DIPs

Brandon Ragland via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 10 17:43:12 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 18:21:32 UTC, NX wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 14:00:52 UTC, Brandon Ragland
> wrote:
>> It's slow, really slow, and stopping the entire world is
>> painful, even in trivial user applications. A pause for even
>> half a second or less on the UI makes the application looks
>> "chunky" and broken.
>
> If you're having that much serious problems then there is only
> one thing I can think of: Your computer is survived from 90s
>
> The more you don't collect, the more time it takes time to
> collect; thus, you may want to configure GC to do it's job more
> often so it doesn't stop significantly, and also manually
> trigger collection where appropriate...
>
> If I had the time and knowledge I would spend them to make D
> better, but you can't expect a teenager (tip: me) to help
> making DMD front-end better or to implement a precise GC... I
> guess?

You would be surprised at the number of folks who've made great
enhancements, or contributions, to various open source projects
over the decades that are not even 18.

The beauty of open-source is that talent is no longer defined by
your age, gender, or location, and is defined entirely by
ability, and sometimes, the ability to conform to that
open-sources' project standards / expectations.

Age need no part in the equation ;)