Reasons to use D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 11 07:18:01 PDT 2015

On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 13:51:55 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 13:35:07 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> JQuery, PHP, C++? That the nicest docs I've ever seen.
>
> C++ tends to be nice, yes. PHP isn't really any better than D,
> at least not when I was using it a few years ago.
>
> jQuery has burned me in the past. Take this page for example:
> http://api.jquery.com/html/
>
> Tell me what it doesn't tell you... well, unless you know,
> you'll fail. And waste hours debugging some code that works
> perfectly fine with the browser's innerHTML property yet fails
> with jQuery's .html().
>

> No docs are better than subtly wrong docs.

I don't know. I liked the PHP documentation for having user
entries, not always correct, but often pointing out very real
pitfalls. Of course, it is better to not have the pitfalls in the
first place...

C++ is really bad on StackOverflow. But cppreference.com is good
and accurate, but that's because it actually is based on a formal
reference. So for C++ I don't need Google as much as I do when
writing programs in Python or Javascript.

MDN and caniuseit.com are good too, I think.